Sunday, September 21, 2008

Meadow, Minnows, and Milestones

This week I got to go to Kennedy's preschool to "Open The Meadow." They ask parents to come and supervise The Meadow where they have little minnows and tad poles that the kids can catch. It was really fun. The girls played the most; the boys weren't patient enough for the tiny fish.
They kept asking me to catch a fish for them. It kept me busy the entire time. After scooping them up with the net, we placed them in buckets filled with water so they could watch them swim around, or pour them back in and ask me to catch another.

They're tiny little things, and quick too!

As for "milestones," London has had many: she can now sit on her own, has 4 teeth, says mama and dada (babbling)- but hey, she's saying it :), goes to sleep on her own (thanks to the latest book I've been re-reading- I also used it for Kennedy and Jackson), what a relief, and loves all her solid foods; she even does well with biter bisquits and apparently pickles since she swallowed a small piece Jackson shared with her before I could get to it while I was making potato salad the other day. I guess he thought she'd like pickles as much as he does. Fortunately she spit out the bigger pieces. Yikes.


And I didn't want to leave Jackson out of this post. Here he is outside helping me water the flower bed in his pj's:


3 comments:

Kelly said...

The kids and your grass are growing really nicely! Woohoo! Hey, we're finally getting grass in our backyard this week!

See you later!

KT said...

so cute! London is one of the cutest babies I've seen in a long time! Love the PJ's and the watering. I love your family picture too.

It's Been a Day! said...

i can't beleive how big your kids are! time has gone by way too fast. they sure are cute though.