Two weeks ago, on June 5th, our daughter Kate Austyn Sharp was born. We didn't know anything would be unusual about Kate's birth, but she weighed just 4 lbs 6 oz, and Nate and I would spend the next nine days with her in the NICU, first at College Station Medical Center and then at Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston. Kate was born with a genetic condition called Trisomy 18 and a serious heart defect that cannot be repaired, which means her time with us in this life will be brief. We feel so blessed to have her in our family, and we love her beyond what words could express. Kate is a gift to our family from God; she is our little angel. Thanks to Kelly Anderson, who took pictures for us in the hospital, and Marissa Bassham, who took pictures of Kate once we were home.















30 comments:
She's beautiful Holly. Know that you've been in every single one of our prayers. We love you guys.
What a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing.
What great pictures! I especially love the one with her in purple. Love you guys!
What a beautiful, precious baby! My prayers are with you as you go through this rough time.
What a beautiful little angel! Thanks for sharing and reminding us all how precious life is. Our prayers are with you.
She is beautiful little angel.
We love you guys and love the pictures as well. She looks so great, she is and angel!
Beautiful pictures! My thought and prayers are with Kate and your family at this time.
Nate & Holly,
What a beautiful post. Kate is just perfect, and such an angel. I loved being able to hold her on Thursday & feel of her sweet, sweet spirit. She came to the pefect family & you are all so blessed to have this angel. Love you guys!
Kelly
She is so precious!! You are in our thoughts and prayers and you have such an awesome, beautiful family!
What beautiful pictures!
In some of the pictures, Kate looks very alert for a baby her age and particularly in her condition. It's almost as if she senses her time on earth is short, and she wants to see and experience all she can while here. Our love to all of you!
I love the pictures of you in front of your house and the one of Kate in purple. She really does look like an angel. We love you guys.
What a beautiful little girl! I absolutely love all the pictures. Thank you for sharing your strength in such a difficult time. Please know you are in our prayers. Teresa (Tingey) Peterson
You're a strong family who I know will be blessed through this hard time. We'll keep you in our prayers. Kate is a very adorable baby, and I love her name!
This is such a Beautiful post. The pictures of your family are amazing. The most amazing part is the precious love you share and the smiles on everyone’s faces. Thank you for sharing her with the world. We’ll keep your family on our prayers, much love to you and your family,
She is so beautiful! What a beautiful family you guys have!! We're keeping you and your beautiful angel in our prayers!
These pictures are so beautiful! remember in the hard times that Heavenly father trusts & loves you so much he sent you one of his very special chosen ones.
She is so beautiful & and will bring joy to your family through her spirit forever.
thank you for sharing your life with all of us!
She is beautiful. The words didn't appear on the screen the first time I looked at the blog, but I was able to read it this time. I'm thinking of you guys. I hope you get to enjoy your time with Kate. What a special baby she is and what a special family you are. We are praying for your family at this time. Love and miss you.
ohhh, I'm so sorry to hear that, God bless you!
Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. She is beautiful!
Our thoughts and prayers go out to your family. I love all the family pictures.
She's absolutely beautiful! Our prayers are with you and your wonderful family.
Holly- I would love to talk to you. We spend almost 60 days in the NICU with Samuel. I know how hard it can be. Thinking of you.
Nancy (Clawson) Harris
What a beautiful baby. She is just precious. Thinking of your family at this time.
What a special time in your families life to take care of precious Kate. May you find joy being around a perfect little soul. She is beautiful. What great shots the photographer got. I will keep your family in my prayers. Loves from NM.
What a pretty little angel Kate is. I am so happy you can spend a little time with her, and my heart aches for you at the same time, knowing your days are numbered. Those photos are priceless. We love you!
What a beautiful girl! As sorry as I am that you are passing through this, I know that you are passing through what will end up being a very treasured time for you. It is a neat experience to be 'shown' the beauty and treasure of each moment and have every experience or moment 'take your breath away'. You are loved and most assuredly in our prayers!
We are a little bit familiar with Trisomy 18 as we have had several 'heart' family friends experience that. What is her heart condition?
Nate, so sorry to hear the news. My heart goes out to you and your family.
meeting you and capturing a treasured brief moment in time for your family is something i will never forget. families are forever.
Post a Comment