Monday, August 4, 2008

Single Father of Three


I've been experiencing bachelorhood again, since 12:01 AM Saturday morning. She even skipped church yesterday to stay home and read. (OK, technically Kennedy was sick too). It'll be nice to have Holly back soon. Her children and husband need her.

13 comments:

Katy said...

What is the big draw of these books? Are they really that good or is it just a girl thing?

Katy

Lindsay said...

nate, i can't blame her. i can't wait to get my hands on a copy!

Michele said...

Knowing Holly she will have it read in no time, at which point she will anxiously await the movie. It is making for great incentive in our house. I will not buy the book for Hannah until she finishes her Pre AP book. Great motivation.

Josi said...

I also can't wait to read the new book. I went to the store to get it yesterday and they were all sold out! I guess I waited too long. How was it Holly?

Katie said...

LOL. Bryan will join in that "single" hubby club for the time being as well.

Okay Holly, I finished it on Sunday and I'm dying to know what you thought about the book. We'll have to chat.

Lisa said...

You're complaining to the wrong crowd Nate :) What's that saying...if you can't beat them, join them. You might actually like Edward. He's very traditional ;)

Mandi said...

I am sure Chris can relate to this. Although Chris is a fan himself, he had to wait for me to finish before he good start. He whined over my shoulder for a few days. Holly I am glad you have such good taste in books. Did it leave you wanting more...I couldn't believe it was over!!

Chris Dahl said...

I survived my own wife's abandonment for Edward--I mean, Breaking Dawn. I'm glad to know it's a common occurrence. I took heart in knowing this is the last book.
Come visit us in Seattle & our wives could take a road trip to Forks. Fun to check in on you guys! Our (future) blog is www.threebythesea.blogspot.com.

Kelly said...

I bought the book last week. For Lindsey. I can't even seem to finish Eclipse! I liked the first one, the second and third, not so much. They're pretty good, but I am not as captivated by them as so many are.

akdoxey said...

I love that Nate had to post- that's proof of desperation! However, I totally understand. I'm completely hopeless with these books in my hands.

Amanda said...

I think I neglected my family for a few days also, lucky for me it is summer and my husband isn't in school! He is definitely relieved that this was the last one and I will eventually stop talking about it.. until the movie :)

Jones said...

OK so I know how asthma feels and I am so sorry your daughter had to go through all that. It is never fun. Although I never had that kind of reaction before, I know how it is to rely on an inhaler at times. Glad things are better for her.

Conni said...

This is great! Chris and the kids ditto this. Luckily it's a quick read!!