Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Cute Kids

Kennedy has been quite gospel-oriented lately and she has said some of the cutest and smartest--and sometimes funniest--things. She got a cough that she couldn't kick after we got back from Utah and one day after church Nate commented to her about still having a cough and then she said, "Yeah, maybe you should give me a blessing. You have the special power." And so he did. It was so cute to see her asking, to even know that you give blessings to the sick, that Nate holds the "special power" of the priesthood, and to have the faith of a little child that it could help her.

One day Nate told Kennedy she needed to go to her room for doing something that got her in trouble and she said, "Daddy, if you're not nice to me, Jesus will tell Santa Claus and you won't get any presents on Christmas." I guess we know who the ultimate authority is to a four-year-old. We'll work on that one.

A few days later while in the car she just simply said, "Mom, I love Heavenly Father and Jesus. That makes them happy." I agreed and couldn't say more. :)

Yet the funniest thing that happened was a couple weeks ago she came home from Church with one of her many handouts that she had colored in class. It was all about the steps to preparing for the Temple. I was running low on scratch paper and it had been a few days since Kennedy had paid any attention to this new handout, so I asked if I could cut it up for our scratch paper (I like to cut up left-over papers and use the back for notes and lists). She said yes. A couple hours later I heard her crying in her room and asked her to come tell me what was wrong and she brought the cut pieces and said, "Now I'll never be able to go to the Temple." It was so sweet and she was quite sad. So I apologized for cutting it and told her we could tape it back together, which she did all by herself:



Much happier:


London has made quite a stir in primary lately so I think I'm going to need to pass her off during Sunday School and Relief Society. There is a little boy in Sr. Primary that has Autism who has a special affection for babies and London is no exception. Once he has seen London, he talks about her non-stop and always wants to squeeze her pudgy little arms. This last Sunday they were singing "Do As I'm Doing" and he was asked to choose an action, so he chose to have everyone jump up and down while saying, "London, London!" It was one of the funniest things I've seen in Primary, and the kids had a blast with it. And what's not to love?


I love watching London as she discovers her siblings. Jackson has become quite the entertainer and I snapped this picture the other day while eating breakfast. London loves to study their faces and watch they're every move.




6 comments:

Michele said...

Jessica and I were just sitting on the couch reading your blog, Kennedy is so SMART. Her comments are so sweet, she is amazing. The kids are darling and are getting so big, tell them to stop growing until we can see them again.

Love Y'all

Em said...

Cute stories!

David said...

If you added a couple of linkt this entry would be a reat example of a "Testimony Tag". I encourage you to add a couple of links and then invite your friends to participate in Testimony Tag (http://testimonytag.googlepages.com/).

Paul and Karen West said...

Hello Sweet Family, I love looking at the pictures and hearing about all the precious stories about the kids. Even though it's only been a month, it seems like ages since you were in Utah. We miss you and wish you were on your way back to Utah for another visit. Joannie Hobbs said to tell you Hi when Paul and I saw her at a restaurant tonight. They have 3 kids and Joannie had the last one the night of your barbeque while in Utah. Give all the kids a hug from Nana and Paul. We Love You!

Kelly said...

What a sweet family you have. Your blog looks really nice too!

Conni said...

This is a darling story. I'm so glad you blogged about it. These will be treasured family stories in the future. :)