This is our new vegetable garden that our very nice friends helped us make. :) We had to pull up sod, yay, haul and lay railroad ties, yay, and haul and shovel dirt and compost, yay! Then the fun planting began. We have tomatoes, bell and jalapeno peppers, squash, zucchini, cilantro, basil, dill, rosemary and chives. I can't wait for all the fresh veggies and herbs!! I'm a little impatient at watching the plants grow- I want the fruits of our labor already!! The kids love watching it grow and I think it will be a fun thing for our family to maintain. Now the fruits already...!!I love spring! It is my all-time favorite season. I love everything in bloom and the sunny, cool-warm, not hot, weather. I also love it with children as they watch and discover new things outdoors and the fog of winter leaves our eyes. Kennedy and Jackson's favorite thing to do in our back yard is to run around and pick all the tiny, white wildflowers that are poking up through our grass. This is the bouquet they made for me the other day. So sweet!


4 comments:
Gosh..that is a NICE garden. You guys are so lucky! ;)
It'll be so fun when your veggies start to come in.
Looks so fun!! I'm jealous!!
Your garden looks great! I want to plant a garden too. We did several times in Colorado, but it's so different here. After we put our pool in, I'm going to somehow come up with a little spot. I like this idea though. Your little bouquet from the kids is cute too.
We caught Ryan picking all the strawberries the other day, so be careful. He was so proud to bring them to us too.
Post a Comment