Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Week

Our week of thankfulness started Monday night when my parents arrived from Utah. We had a great time with them and the week seemed to just fly by. My mom helped me with Kennedy's preschool party on Tuesday and I was so grateful since the other 2 moms that were signed up to help had a sick child or a pipe burst in the foundation of her house, so neither of them could come. Here are a few pics from the day, I didn't get any from the actual party hour but here are a few before and after:

Making a turkey pine cone.


A little play time before the real partying began.

Everyone ready to go home. Those faces look tired, but it was a very fun party!

On Wednesday we showed my parents the heart of CS and went down on campus for a "tradition's tour." They are not short on traditions here!

The 12th Man statue in front of Kyle Field. We had just finished my parent's first "yell practice"- at the end of the tour.

Then on to the George Bush Library and Museum. We could have spent a whole other day in there! I love museums!

Our Thanksgiving feast with great family and friends. All the food was sooo good!
There is so much to be thankful for at this time. I think Nate said it best today at church when he talked about how grateful he is that Thanksgiving starts off the Christmas Season- since the one to whom we owe the most gratitude is our Savior for his ultimate sacrifice. I'm so grateful for this season and the opportunity to openly celebrate the birth and life of Jesus Christ.

7 comments:

Conni said...

Amen to that Holly! I love that Thanksgiving isn't riddled with commercialism. Looks like a lot of family fun.

It's Been a Day! said...

how fun to have your parents come!! what a great thanksgiving.

LIttlemiss said...

Kenz looks so grown up!! She is goregous of course!! I'm glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving. We missed you here! xoxo

Anonymous said...

What fun! I can't believe y'all are wearing short sleeves and it's been snowing the last 2 days here. And I can't believe how tall Kennedy is getting! oh my gosh! I like Nate's comment...so true.

Kelly said...

Hi Holly!

How nice to have your parents in town. I have never visited College Station and think it would be fun to check it out. I hear that Romney will be speaking at the George Bush Museum on Thursday! He must like Texans.

I wish you uploaded your pictures in a way that I could click on them to enlarge them to see the people closer. I want to see everyone's faces.

THANK YOU so, so much for coming to my party on Thursday. What a true friend. I'm very grateful for you.

Love,
Kelly

Kelly said...

P.S. I wouldn't call my road trip during the summer to see your house under construction an actual visit to CS, but a visit to your house. Some day...

The Sharp Family said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun with the parents/in-laws.