Kennedy loves to go to the dentist- which is a huge credit to our friend Dr. Michelle Freeze in Austin. We took Kennedy to see her just before her 3rd b-day because she sees all kids under 3 for free. :) We even got a postcard from her office a couple months ago to reschedule, which Kennedy carried around with her for at least a week. So we set up our dental insurance here and thought we were good to go and even made appts. for all of us at a new office, which we had to wait for 6 wks to get. We show up for the first appt. yesterday, which was for Kennedy, and find out that we're on an HMO plan which wasn't accepted at that particular office! Whoever has heard of an HMO plan for dental insurance!!? Aghh- so silly. These insurance companies are so annoying. Of course, we chose the plan, we thought it was the better one of the 2 options we had, but didn't obviously realize all the ins and outs of it. Kennedy had been so excited to go to the dentist for several days now (ever since I told her she had an appt. coming up) and I was seriously stressing over the disappoint she would have. So I told her we needed to go back out to the car for something because I didn't want a melt-down in front of everyone. She actually took the news pretty well and there were only a few tears shed, but she is still asking me 2-3 times a day when will she get to go again. When Nate asked her why we couldn't go yesterday she said they wouldn't take our money so we have to find a different dentist. Actually, they wanted to take too much and have us pay out of pocket for the whole thing, but I thought it was pretty clever for her to come up with that since all I told her was that we went to the wrong dentist and had to find a new one. I hope she still likes going to the dentist after the first cavity or worse, braces (which I actually lucked out on and never had- even though they seemed pretty trendy in jr. high!).
Into young women's
7 years ago

5 comments:
do they take michelle because that could be a reason to come back to austin!
that's great she loves the dentist!! it will make for a lot of easy trips!
Don't you just hate insurance companies? I think they set up their plans and billing just to confuse all of us! ugh, it makes me want to pull my hair out!
Kennedy is such a character. I know I have told you a million times, but I just love your kids, they are so smart and witty!
well if it makes you guys feel any better, I'm dealing with kinda the same deal. I got Invisilign in June and my insurance covered "50%" of it which was $2000. I didn't know that when my insurance ended in July they were going to stop making payments on it so they only ended up paying like $400 so now we are stuck paying for our half AND their half. Grrr it makes me so mad. I had that insurance for 2 years and used the dental insurance like once!! It's such a scam!!! Grrrrrr. So anyway, I feel your pain!
Holly, I feel your pain. I hate insurance stuff and doctors or dentists. We have had our own woes lately...it is so frustrating. That is cute that kennedy wants to go so bad, I hope it stays that way!
That's really good that she WANTS to go. Lindsey totally was on my case until I set up her appointments for her braces. A definite must-have for middle schoolers. They're so over it by high school though.
Post a Comment