Sunday, February 6, 2011

Dr. Sharp

I am so thankful to be married to someone who really loves his job. It makes such a difference in our family that Nate enjoys going to work. He shared his student evaluations with me from this past fall semester, and I felt so proud of him for the written comments he received that I wanted to share some of them. I think it’s amazing what his students say about him, especially because he teaches the “gate-keeper” class in Texas A&M’s accounting program, which means his class is the last one students take before they find out if they are accepted to the Masters program. It's a very hard class, and more students get C’s than A’s in his class, so the fact that he gets so many compliments is a tribute to Nate and how much he loves to teach. I love you Nate!
  • Amazing!
  • He was very interested in whether or not we actually learned. He definitely cares about his students.
  • He taught very well, was fair in grading, and kept my interest the entire semester.
  • Dr. Sharp was very helpful inside and outside of class, taught differently than any other professor. Loved the teaching. He not only cared about grades but taught us much more outside of class and showed us he is not only a professor but a person.
  • One of the best professors I have taken so far, knows the material well and is very personable with his students. I definitely admire Dr. Sharp as a professor and a person.
  • Very good teacher. Presented the material well and kept my interest the whole time.
  • Great teacher, very passionate and knowledgeable.
  • Dr. Sharp was a great teacher and created an interest in accounting for me that I never previously thought possible.
  • I learned the most of any class I have ever taken in this course.
  • Dr. Sharp is an excellent professor. He wants the best for his students and he pushes them to learn.
  • Excellent. He really cared whether the students learned the material. Though he's a tough teacher, he's a fair one.
  • He has been my favorite professor at A&M. He really cares about the students and is an amazing teacher. I wish I could take the rest of my accounting classes from him.
  • I absolutely loved this professor. Favorite so far at A&M. I wish he taught more.
  • One of the best teachers I have had here at A&M. Extremely refreshing to have a teacher who genuinely cared about his students and whether or not we were learning. His attitude about the class motivated me to work harder.
  • Dr. Sharp is a fantastic teacher.
  • He really cares about his students. By the first few weeks, he knew everyone's names.
  • He encouraged students to conceptualize the concepts of accounting and look past the mechanics and numbers of accounting topics, which led to a great understanding of the entire topic.
  • Dr. Sharp is a great teacher.
  • Thank you, Dr. Sharp, for being so interested and enthusiastic about your subject! I enjoyed the little life lessons throughout the semester as well.
  • Dr. Sharp was probably one of the best professors I've ever had.
  • Hands down, the best professor I've had in my three years. Cares about the students and the knowledge they gain. He has high expectations, but does all that he can to make sure they are met. Let him teach more! He's too good of a professor.
  • Dr. Sharp did a great job. I could tell he genuinely cared about his students! I liked his vulnerability and openness with his personal life (family, schooling, etc.). It made me respect him and able to learn from him better.

8 comments:

Lauren said...

Way to go Nate. That is awesome. They make me want to take your class. Oh wait.....I was terrible at Accounting!

Amy said...

Great job, Nate!

Diane said...

So neat! Congratulations Nate!

Dianne said...

Congratulations, Nate!

Keep up the good work. What a blessing you are to students when they know you care about them as well as the subject.

Lindsay said...

What an awesome tribute. Sounds like you're the kind of professor your students will remember for a long time.

Lanea said...

Not surprised. Great job Nate.

Kelly said...

Those comments are so kind and genuine and don't surprise me a bit. Congratulations, Nate. I love smart husbands who do well in their careers and am glad to have one myself!

Karen West said...

Congratulations on making a difference in the lives of so many others. Your efforts will impact others for generations. I am very proud to be the mother of such a fine person, professor, husband and father. Love, Mom