Monday, June 28, 2010

Three Weeks

Kate turned 3 weeks old on Saturday! She is such a joy and we love her so much. She is taking almost 2 ounces every three hours (a little by bottle and the rest in her feeding tube) and lets us know almost to the minute when it's time for another feeding. Her cry is very soft, but just as heart breaking. Fortunately she doesn't cry very often (only when she's hungry, needs a diaper change, or gassy- which the nurse is bringing some drops for that today and I hope it helps). She sleeps pretty well but we get up with her every three hours to feed her whether she's awake or not. We haven't weighed her since we've been home from the hospital, but the nurse is planning on doing that today and I'm excited to see the results. I think she's definitely grown some, the question is how much? She was down to 4 lbs. 1 oz. when we came home from the hospital at 9 days old. Here Kate is sporting a skirt from "build-a-bear" that my sister in law sent. It fits really well with her preemie "mommy adores me" onesie:

To celebrate 3 weeks, Kate had her first outing to one of our favorite yogurt places- "Spoons." My parents were in town visiting and able to enjoy with us as well.


London thought Baby Kate and Baby Ali (Kennedy's Baby Alive doll) should be friends and they had a nice nap together:


12 comments:

Cat said...

So sweet. I can't believe she's so small she fits into build-a-bear clothes. I can't wait to meet her when she officially makes her debut. :)

Josi said...

Glad she is doing well! What a cutie! I love that her cute flowers and bows are almost as big as her tiny head. So precious!

Charis said...

Oh she's darling and I love all her hair accessories. Where do you get them? I have been putting bows in Mallory's hair but can't find any flowers that I love. All your girls have such great hair bows/flowers. Wish we lived closer so we could see little Kate in person. PS: Tell Nate I love his 'currently reading' update! We're leaning towards getting an ipad and Nate is definitely part of that reason! He's a great sales man and Andy values his opinion.

The Sharp Family said...

Very Sweet! She looks like a Sharp. We're glad to hear that she's doing so well.

Amy said...

Such sweet pictures!!! I especially love the one with the doll!

Steph said...

She is so cute! Give her lots of love from us! We are so glad she is doing well!

Karen West said...

Kate continues to win everyone's hearts with her precious smile and angelic countenance. We continue to treasure every moment you share her with all of us. We love you!

Kelly said...

It's so great that you can go on outings with Kate and do normal things. I hope she's gain an ounce or two when she gets weighed. Thanks for the photos and updates, Holly. I love her!

Amanda said...

Cute pictures!! It looks like London is a great helper :)

Kim and Leslie said...

She is so tiny and so sweet!! I think she looks great. How are you holding up? I've been thinking of you guys. I'll give you a call soon. Love your family pictures.

megan said...

she is the most beautiful thing. so sweet! my girls tried to put their american girl tights on ella once. it was pretty funny. thinking of your family often.

Marisa May said...

You are so fortunate to get this time with her. What a little angel!