Kennedy started piano in February and had her first recital at the end of April. She was the youngest person by over a year to take part in the recital. She was scheduled to be the 2nd performance, but got too nervous to go up when it was her turn. By the end of the last number, I was able to convince her to go up if I went with her. She did it and I wasn't the only one with tears in my eyes as we watched her overcome her fears. I was SO proud of her. She played Old MacDonald Had a Farm and I Love to See the Temple. She was shaking but did an awesome job.Next came her Dance Recital. Another hurdle, and another success:







Kennedy was dreading the dance recital and so nervous to perform in front of so many people. She started saying in January that she didn't want to take dance anymore but we had already paid for the recital costumes and fees so I told her we needed to finish what we started. So we stuck with the practices, through many tears and persuasions, and then she LOVED the actual performance. Go figure. I'm sooo glad we stuck with it and it was really cute to watch her perform her jazz, ballet, and tap routines. She seriously loved every minute of it (even though she doesn't want to do dance in the fall, haha, but that's fine with me- it was a lot of work!). (:Maybe London will be our dancer:


1 comment:
We had the same trouble with my girls wanting to quit dance just before the recital. But then they really loved performing! Kids are funny I guess. Your kids are all growing so big! Hope all is well with you.
Post a Comment