Friday, September 18, 2009

I {heart} NY

This is a long over-due post... the quantity of the pictures overwhelmed me, so that is what took so long. Nate had a conference In NY the first part of August so my mom came and watched our kids and I was able to tag along with him to the Big Apple. There was just so much to love about New York and of course I wanted to share. :) Enjoy.

The Manhattan Temple





The Brooklyn Bridge


Val, my college roommate, who lives in Brooklyn.


The Brooklyn Botanic Garden and my friend's adorable girls


The Met

A couple highlights from our "highlights tour":

Marble Sarcophagus dating back to A.D. 260–270


"Between Earth and Heaven"
from Africa, made out of aluminum bottle caps.


Van Gogh


The Museum of Natural History


Incredible places to eat:

Serendipity


They sat us at "the movie" table, (see below).
Our table wasn't marble, but sat in the same location so I guess that counts.




Look at the size of their menu!


Frozen Hot Chocolate!! Best thing on the menu, hands down.


Rosa Mexicano Restaurant. They make the guac fresh to order, table-side.


The Shack Shack In Madison Square Park.
The most amazing hamburger, fries and custard.


We even found an awesome Korean place where Nate enjoyed
using his Korean and blowing away all the natives as they listened to an American rattle off Korean. Some people were asking if he was from Korea. Haha. :)


We saw awesome architecture:

The Flatiron


The Dakota Building


A stroll through Central Park


Strawberry Fields at Central Park


Statue of Liberty


Wicked at Gershwin Theatre


Top of the Rock


And finished it up with a Yankees vs. Red Sox game.


12 comments:

Jolanda said...

I don't think you told me you were just in NY!
Thanks for posting, I think we will have to check out some of those places, especially the restaurants when we go in a few weeks.

Lindsay said...

That looks like it was an amazing trip. How could anyone not love NYC? How fun that you got to enjoy some time with just the two of you.

Em said...

F-U-N!!!!!

Sherrie said...

Wow- looks like you guys really packed in the activities! What a fun trip, looks like you both had a great time. I'm looking forward to our cruise! Only 3 more months!

Lanea said...

Those pictures were great! Looks like you guys had a fun time.

KT said...

Looks like so much fun! I am so glad you saw Wicked! Great show!

Lauren said...

I love NY too. Looks like you had lots of fun together. Did you go up in the Staue of Liberty? I thought that was a little disappointing.

GP+TP said...

Wow! What a fun trip Holly! Looks like a lot of fun. Glad you were able to see Val. Miss you guys!
Teresa (Tingey) Peterson

Rachel said...

Me too....

Kelly said...

What memories this post brings back for when Kelly and I spent a few days in the Big Apple as we celebrated our 20th anniversary. You got some excellent pictures and it looks like a wonderful time alone with your sweetheart!

akdoxey said...

You guys covered a lot in your trip, and I'm impressed you made it to the Shake Shack- not many tourists go there. I'm so sad we weren't there to see you guys! Looks like some fun though!

Dianne said...

I really enjoyed your New York pictures and all the others, as well. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

I was interested in your report of the BYU game in Dallas. Our son Brian and his wife Misty were also there. I'm not sure you'd recognize each other if you were to meet. Brian works for a construction management firm, and one of his clients invited them to fly from Salt Lake to Dallas on his private jet to see the game. They said it was quite an experience.

Love,

Dianne