The lights were beautiful.
Santa was only ok- the wait was WAY too long but we were trapped in line half-way in and couldn't get out so we waited it through. Then Jackson was freaked out by Santa and would only take the candy cane. Kennedy told Santa she wanted a doll house and cinderella lip gloss. The lip gloss was kinda random, but I guess one of her babysitters had some and she thought it was pretty cool.
We had a FHE with a family in our ward and one investigating. The kids enjoyed acting out the nativity story. Jackson is modeling his sheep as the shepard but Kennedy took his "hook." She said she wants to be the shepard next year because she wants to hold the "stick." I thought being an angel would be fun because she got to wear wings.... Funny kids.Santa really surprised them and they couldn't figure out how he got there so quick and without his reindeer.
Making gingerbread houses with friends.
A great helper.
"Early" Christmas eve. We had Christmas the day before we left for Utah so we wouldn't have to haul all the presents. The kids thought it was great, especially that they were going to have 2 Christmases this year! I liked being done with all the preparations early in the month and was able to really enjoy the rest of the month and Christmas spirit.
Santa found the perfect doll house that both Kennedy and Jackson love. He also found Jackson a really cool train that they both enjoy. What would you do without siblings?!?
One of the first things I did in Utah was cut my hair- short. I cut 5-6 inches off and I really like it. I had been wanting to go short for a while but didn't dare until I was with a trusted stylist. I wish I could fly to Bountiful every time I need a hair cut. I love my stylist there, plus her prices!
Family Christmas party in Utah. Jackson is finally warming up to Santa.
Official Christmas morning. Nothing better than enjoying it by the fire!
Sledding- a perfect Christmas day activity. Especially since it snowed all Christmas eve. It was so beautful.
We weren't really dressed for the occasion, but it was the kids' first time sledding and they loved it.
The family shot.
Waiting for "Traks" so we could ride the "train" downtown to go to dinner at the Gateway and see the lights at Temple Square. The kids were excited about the train, but not the cold.
Temple Square. The lights were amazing as always.
More wintery fun. Kennedy is enjoying the shovel since she can't seem to get up the hill to get on the sled. She made it up eventually. Thanks to my sister for the more appropriate winter clothes.
My sister, mom, and sisters in law threw a baby shower for my youngest sister who is having her first. We're only 3 weeks apart in our pregnancies and both having girls. Here I am with my 2 sisters- the one on the right is the pregnant one and the one in the middle made the cute diaper cakes. In our family of 8 kids there are 5 boys and 3 girls.
Making gingerbread houses with friends.
A great helper.
"Early" Christmas eve. We had Christmas the day before we left for Utah so we wouldn't have to haul all the presents. The kids thought it was great, especially that they were going to have 2 Christmases this year! I liked being done with all the preparations early in the month and was able to really enjoy the rest of the month and Christmas spirit.
Santa found the perfect doll house that both Kennedy and Jackson love. He also found Jackson a really cool train that they both enjoy. What would you do without siblings?!?
One of the first things I did in Utah was cut my hair- short. I cut 5-6 inches off and I really like it. I had been wanting to go short for a while but didn't dare until I was with a trusted stylist. I wish I could fly to Bountiful every time I need a hair cut. I love my stylist there, plus her prices!
Family Christmas party in Utah. Jackson is finally warming up to Santa.
Official Christmas morning. Nothing better than enjoying it by the fire!
Sledding- a perfect Christmas day activity. Especially since it snowed all Christmas eve. It was so beautful.
We weren't really dressed for the occasion, but it was the kids' first time sledding and they loved it.
The family shot.
Waiting for "Traks" so we could ride the "train" downtown to go to dinner at the Gateway and see the lights at Temple Square. The kids were excited about the train, but not the cold.
Temple Square. The lights were amazing as always.
More wintery fun. Kennedy is enjoying the shovel since she can't seem to get up the hill to get on the sled. She made it up eventually. Thanks to my sister for the more appropriate winter clothes.
My sister, mom, and sisters in law threw a baby shower for my youngest sister who is having her first. We're only 3 weeks apart in our pregnancies and both having girls. Here I am with my 2 sisters- the one on the right is the pregnant one and the one in the middle made the cute diaper cakes. In our family of 8 kids there are 5 boys and 3 girls.Now we're back home and can rest from all our Christmas and New Year festivities. Yay! There is something so nice to getting back in to a routine. We didn't get pictures of all our family in Utah or the fun friends we were able to see, unfortunately, but we had a great month and have lots of fun memories!
Happy New Year!!







8 comments:
Way to go, Holly, posting all these pictures with descriptions too! I loved it! I really like your haircut too. I want to get mine cut too, but have no idea what I want to do.
Your kids looked cold! I liked your question about how to get them to not eat snow. My question when I was in Colorado was, "How do I get my mother-in-law to not feed my kids snow?" as she was making them snow cones, using cups of snow outside and having them pour juice on it. How funny! Christopher thought it was disgusting, so I wasn't too worried.
That's so nice you were able to go to temple square to see the lights. I love the idea of opening everything before leaving. I could never talk Kelly into THAT. We have to haul it all to Colorado and it's such a pain.
It's nice you were able to get together with your sisters for the shower too. What a fun trip. I'm glad you're back and blogged about it. Thanks for taking the time to upload all those pictures.
Thanks for posting all of the pictures. We had fun hanging out with you guys while you were here. Love, Dan and Lisa
So great seeing you guys!
Love the hair, the dollhouse, the sledding pics and love that diaper cake idea. That's the cutest I've seen yet. Maybe I'll copy that for one of my friends. Glad it was a fun trip.
Happy New Year!
Finally a new post! :) Sad we didn't get to see you again before you left but it was a fun holiday with you guys here.
P.s. i hope Nate didn't try to do your parents dishes while you were there!!!! :)
Love you guys.
Holly, welcome home! Loved all the pic's of family, snow, Christmas lights and your cute new do! The diaper cake idea is great. I think I might steal it for Buddy's Diapers and Wipes baby shower tomorrow! :)
Holly..Lea Kerns here...I came across your blog from Chenae's. Fun to see what yer up to. I just had to comment..I LOVE your hair, it looks so good. The next time I am in Utah do you think she can cut my hair?
Your hair is SO cute! I love it. I"m glad you guys had such a great trip and a wonderful Christmas!
looks like a very fun christmas!! I'm glad you got to spend it with family. Love the new haircut. Looks fantastic on you. Hope you are feeling well!!
Post a Comment