Tuesday, August 28, 2007

It's Official

We have finally joined the blogging world!! Here are some other things that are also official:






Nate has turned in his final draft of his dissertation and should receive his UT diploma any day now. Yay!!





Nate's first day of teaching was yesterday and it went really well. He has three classes of juniors, 45 students each, and had a lot of fun with them their first day. He did get one burning question; "I've gotta know, how old are you?"





Our first house. What a joy it is to be in our own house and not have to share walls, smells, noises, etc. with anyone else! Now if we can just keep the neighbors dog off our lawn. :)

















Jackson and Kennedy continue to get cuter and cuter and I love their little personalities and spunk. Kennedy is starting preschool next week and we're both really excited. We're also considering gymnastics as well since she loves to do somersaults and hand stands whenever possible. Plus she can be a ball of energy at times. Jackson is learning how effective his voice can be and each day has something new to say. Jackson loves to make Kennedy laugh and have her approval and wants to do whatever she is doing. They are fun little kids.



And one more official notice:




Yep, that's right, coming March 2008!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Okay, this post just MADE my day!!! I have been totally thinking of you and am so excited to leave the first comment on your amazingly cute new blog!

Yesterday, I was thinking of Nate, wondering how his first shot at being a prof is going! I love the way your house turned out too. It looks so gorgeous and is nice to see the completed look, after my visit there this summer when it was still a construction site.

The pictures of the kids and you all are lovely, to say the least.

And then there's the big announcement. Let me just say two things....I saw THAT one coming. And I'm SO excited for you!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you!
Kelly

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! You didn't even tell me when we were on the phone...How exciting!

Russell and Jillian said...

Congratulations y'all! These are some great new events in your life! Glad to hear everything is going well. And I also love the new house. It looks really nice and I bet you're way happy with it. Congrats again and welcome to the blogging world!

Brook said...

Dang, I wanted to be the first one to comment. What was I thinking?
Anyway, looks so great!

It's Been a Day! said...

congrats congrats congrats. such exciting news.

The kids are so big. They look so cute in their pictures.

Glenn said...

Even though it may surprise you that I am answering a blog, I will take the risk.

Let me tell you what great parents and people I think you both are. I am certainly one proud Grandpa. Hope you have a great day and that you stay happy.

Paul and Karen West said...

You have done an outstanding job on this site Holly. Nate should be proud! The kids look adorable! Please don't let them grow up too fast. I'm headed to NYC again the end of September and hope I can swing Texas way on my way home. I'll let you know. Love the house! Can't wait to see what it looks like with you in it instead of under construction.

Love you all so much and miss you!

Banana Karen/Mom

Mandi said...

Holly-

I found your blog off of Brook's. Chris and I think of you and your family often, and we miss being your neighbors. You were so good to us. We are so excited for Nate's new job and teaching. Chris was an Aggie too for a little while, so he definitely knows how Nate feels about trying to be loyal to his horns! Your new home is beautiful and I am so excited for you guys to finally have that. Once Chris took me to College Station and I had told him I would love to live there, it is a very cute little town. Oh, and I cannot believe there is another little one on the way! So, exciting. The kids are getting so big and just as cute as ever. I hope we can keep in touch better. Miss you!

Your friend,
Mandi